- How do I sign up?
- I forgot my password. How do I reset it?
- Do you allow guest checkout?
- What is an invoice ID?
- What is an order ID?
- What are delivery options?
- What are pick-up options?
- What are the different order statuses and what do they meant?
- Will I be charged any fees for making a purchase?
- How do I check my order statuses?
- How do I make a credit/debit card payment?
- Are the credit/debit card payments safe?
- How do I know that my online payment is secure?
- Can I cancel my order and get a refund?
- I did not receive my item, what am I supposed to do?
- The item condition has significant discrepancies from what was stated in the item description. Am I able to get a refund?
- How do I obtain a VAT invoice for my purchase?
- How do I sign up as a seller?
- How do I sell something on greenlight market?
- How do I list an item?
- Can I denote my items in another currency?
- Why can’t I log in to my seller dashboard?
- How do I edit my item information?
- Can I add a few delivery addresses, delivery options and pick-up locations?
- What is the purchasable button for?
- Why can’t I find the right category for my item?
- How do I keep track of my sales?
- How can I keep track of orders that I receive?
- What do the different order statuses mean?
- Are there any subscription fees or listing fees on greenlight market?
- How do I receive my Payout/Payment?
- Stripe states that a transfer has been submitted, but I have not received the money in my bank account yet. What is going on?
- What items are prohibited on greenlight market?
- Why is my product deleted/banned?
Simply click on REGISTER/SIGN IN button at the top right of your screen. Enter your Google email address or Facebook login details, create a password and click on 'Create Account'.
You can reset your password on the REGISTER/SIGN IN page by selecting 'Forgotten password?' and entering your Google email or Facebook account details.
Yes. You can choose not to create an account with us when making a purchase. However, you are highly recommended to do so as all your delivery details will be saved in your account. Any future purchases that you make will become much faster and simpler.
For every successful checkout with an invoice ID, all the items that belong to a particular Seller will be consolidated to a single order ID. Therefore, if you bought multiple items from a few sellers in a single checkout, you should receive a few order IDs.
Delivery options are a list of Seller defined delivery methods that you can receive the item by. Some of the delivery options will have added cost.
Pick-up options is a list of Seller defined locations that you can pick-up your item from. These options will not have added cost.
There are different order statuses for different delivery types.
For delivery, the order statuses are:
1. Paid – after you have successfully make a payment, the marketplace will automatically create an invoice ID and order ID and tag each item order status as paid.
2. Delivered – after the seller has shipped/couriered/delivered the item, he will set the item’s order status to “Delivered”. The marketplace will automatically send an email to inform you that your item is on its way.
3. Refunded– seller will set the item’s order status to “Refunded” when he has made a refund to the buyer.
For pick up, the order statuses are:
1. Paid – after you have successfully made a payment, the marketplace will automatically create an invoice ID and order ID and tag each item order status as paid.
2. Ready for pick-up – after the seller has picked and packed, he can change the item’s order status to “Ready for pick-up”. The marketplace will automatically send an email to inform you to pick-up his item at his selected pick-up location.
3. Completed – once you have picked-up his item, seller will set the item’s order status to “Completed”.
4. Refunded – seller will set the item’s order status to “Refunded” when he has made a refund to you.
You, the Buyer, will not be charged any fees by Greenlight Market. However, it is important to note that you are responsible for all other related charges and taxes (including shipping and customs) related to the purchase including and not limited to charges invoiced by the Seller, freight forwarders or by the tax authorities.
Simply hover the cursor over your profile to activate the drop down bar and click on “Purchases”. This opens up your Purchase History page where you can access details of the orders that you have placed, including invoice ID, date & time, item, quantity, delivery method and order status.
Click the shopping cart on the top menu bar. After selecting the items that you want to checkout, fill in your delivery details which include your name, notification email, contact number and delivery address. If you are using an account, these details should already be prepopulated for you.
Next, review the order details one last time before clicking “Proceed to payment”. Check the payment details and click “Pay now”. A pop up box will appear so that you can fill in your card details. Once the payment is completed, you will be redirected back to our site.
Greenlight Market does not store nor handle any credit card details on our site. Our PCI level 1 compliant partners hold all your financial data securely; no one can access it, not even us!
Greenlight Market uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology which ensures that all connections on our server remain encrypted. This explains why the website address begins with “https” instead of “http”. Our website is secured using a RapidSSL Wildcard Certificate. This ensures all information that you send will be encrypted. Please click the “padlock” icon on the web browser for more details on the security certificate.
Greenlight Market also do not store any credit card details and payments are processed through Stripe/Paypal. Our PCI level 1 compliant partners hold all your financial data securely; no one can access it, not even us!
All sales made on Greenlight Market are considered to be final and binding. Thus we do not accept any order cancellations once the order has been paid. Please contact the Seller directly if you need to have your order cancelled. It is up to the Seller’s discretion whether he/she will allow a cancellation and provide a full refund excluding any transaction fees that have already been incurred.
In addition, do note that the admin fee collected by the Greenlight Market is a fixed commission for facilitating a sale and thus will not be refunded. However, in rare cases where the actual item has significant discrepancies from the item description or is undelivered, please refer to our dispute policy below.
If you did not receive an item, you need to let the Seller know by contacting him/her directly through our site. The Seller should address your concern and provide updates on the delivery of the item and its tracking information. If you find that the Seller’s response is unsatisfactory, Greenlight Market will step in to mediate. You should always communicate through our admin so that you will be protected by our Terms of Service.
If there are any significant discrepancies in the item, you should contact the Seller directly. The Seller will address your concern and offer a solution, such as offering a replacement or trading for another item.
If both you and the Seller have agreed on returning the item, you should take note of the following.
- You must return the item in the exact same condition in which it was received.
- It is your responsibility as the Buyer to pay for the return cost of shipping.
- You, as the Buyer, need to pay for any customs charges incurred on the returned item.
If you are unsatisfied with the resolution provided by the Seller, you can request Greenlight Market to mediate for you.
As part of the mediation process, our admin will review the chat history, item description, photos of the item provided by both you and the Seller, and any other information about the item that you and the Seller have provided. You should always communicate through our admin so that you will be protected by our Terms of Service.
All prices shown on Greenlight Market are inclusive of any applicable VAT. If you require a VAT invoice for your records, please contact the Seller directly.
To ensure that our ethics are maintained, Greenlight Market is a private marketplace for Sellers by invitation only.
To register your interest, simply click on the “BE A SELLER” tab on the top menu bar and select 'Click here to let us know'. We will happily follow up with you shortly. :)
Once approved as a Seller, we will send you a private invite to our marketplace to get started.
After completing the mandatory fields in your profile including your Stripe and Paypal account details, you will be able to start listing your items immediately!
1. Upload the items that you want to sell. Set your category, price, description, add images, quantities, variants, complete our additional fields to confirm values, materials and packaging information and choose the delivery methods/pick-up locations for your item.
2. Be informed immediately when someone has purchased your item
3. Payment made by the buyer, minus any applicable commission fees to greenlight market, will be transferred to you immediately
4. Fulfill your order and update your buyers on the latest status using our order management system
5. Get useful business insights such as your sales history, best-selling item and other analytics to optimize your business on your Seller dashboard
Once you have successfully on-boarded as a Seller, click on “Add item” under the “Seller” drop down box.
Provide us with all the relevant details such as the item category & sub-category, name, price, description, quantity, image and the delivery options and complete our additional fields to confirm values, materials and packaging information.
When you are happy with your listing, click on “SAVE” and your listing will be published immediately.
So what are you waiting for? Start listing your first item on greenlight market now!
Our default currency is GBP and we do not accept any other currencies at this point in time.
Make sure to set up your Stripe & Paypal accounts in the United Kingdom and configure the currency as GBP. If not, you might incur additional charges arising from foreign exchange differences between GBP and the currency in your Stripe/Paypal accounts.
If you can’t log in to your Seller dashboard, it might be because your account has been restricted. You can raise a case by emailing us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. On your Seller menu, click on the “Your Items” tab to access all your items.
2. Choose the item you want to edit and click on the sign.
3. You will be redirected to your specific listing’s details page.
4. From there, you may edit any details you like.
5. Once you are happy with the new details, click on “Save” and your edits will be reflected.
Yes, you can definitely do so. If you add more than one delivery address during the sign up process, you have the choice of selecting your preferred address during the checkout process when you purchase an item on Greenlight Market as a Buyer.
If you add more than one delivery option and/or your pick-up location(s), your customer has the choice of selecting their preferred option when purchasing an item from you. You can always add more delivery options or pick-up locations by first navigating to your user settings through your profile’s drop down bar before clicking on the “Delivery methods” tab. Alternatively, you can add new options whenever you are uploading items.
If you receive any complaints from customers regarding a particular item or it is still not ready for sale at a point in time, you can temporarily remove it from the marketplace using the purchasable function.
Once you switched the purchasable button to “NO”, your item will no longer be visible and searchable on your marketplace. In addition, Buyers will not be able to check out the non-purchasable item.
We are initially starting out with some standard categories & sub-categories which will evolve as more products come on to our marketplace. If you can’t find the right category for your items, don’t worry! Simply drop us an email at email@example.com, we will review your request and add in the category for you.
Click the “Sales” tab on the Seller menu to access your sales page. Here, you are able to view the total quantity and revenue earned for each item that you have sold.
Click the “Orders” tab on the Seller menu to access your orders page. You are able to view the relevant details for each item order that you receive, including the Order ID, Invoice ID, Date, Item, Quantity purchased. Click on any payment ID to dive into further details.
Anytime you have completed a certain action to fulfill the order, you can change the order status by clicking on the drop down bar. In the event that you are fulfilling multiple orders at the same time, you can also mass update the order statuses. Simply check the boxes of the relevant orders and click on the “Change Status” button.
1. Paid – after the buyer has successfully made a payment, an invoice ID and order ID would automatically be created and each item order status would be tagged as paid.
2. Ready for pick-up – after you have picked and packed, you can change the item’s order status to “Ready for pick-up”. The buyer will receive an email notification to remind him to pick-up his item at his selected pick-up location.
3. Completed – once the buyer has picked-up his item, you can set the item’s order status to “Completed”.
4. Refunded – you can set the item’s order status to “Refunded” when you have made a refund to the buyer.
For delivery, the order statuses are:
1. Paid – after the buyer has successfully make a payment, an invoice ID and order ID would be automatically created, and each item order status would be tagged as paid.
2. Delivered – after you have shipped/couriered/delivered the item, you can set the item’s order status to “Delivered”. The buyer will then receive an email notification that his item is on its way.
3. Refunded– you can set the item order status to “Refunded” when you have made a refund to the buyer.
There are no listing fees or subscription fees charged, so you can list as many items as your like at no risk or cost. After the first month free period ending 31st October, you will be charged a 10% commission fee plus standard Stripe/Paypal fees for each sale made.
Stripe will automatically credit any Payout/Payment directly to your Stripe account after every successful transaction and will transfer funds to your bank account based on the schedule listed in your dashboard. For example, “Daily — 7 day rolling basis” would mean that charges processed on 1st March would be grouped together and deposited in your account on 8th March, and “Weekly (Monday) — 2 business day rolling basis” would mean that charges processed before a given Thursday will be grouped together and deposited in your account on the following Monday.
Your transfer schedule can be configured to simplify your accounting. We currently offer the option for funds to be transferred daily, weekly (on a custom day of the week), or monthly (on a custom day of the month).You can see all attempted transfers made by Stripe to your bank account on your dashboard.
Paypal payouts are immediate to your Paypal account.
Further to Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) regulations introduced 14th September 2019, which requires 2 independent authentication elements to verify payments for European Customers, Stripe can no longer facilitate multi-merchant checkouts but Paypal is still able to perform this function with no issue. Therefore we have made Paypal our mandatory payment method.
Stripe submits transfers every day, but most banks will only process the transfer on business days. This means that if Stripe sent you money on a holiday or a weekend, you will probably only receive the money in your bank account on the next day that your bank is open. For transfers sent on business days, you should receive the money by the next day. If the transfer was submitted on a business day and you don’t receive the money in your bank account within a couple of days, this probably means that the transfer has failed. Banks take 3-5 business days to inform Stripe about transfers that failed to go through, at which time Stripe will e-mail you about the issue and how to fix it.
Greenlight Market requires all Sellers and users to abide by the laws of the jurisdictions in which you are operating and selling. If you are shipping items across international borders, we expect all members to follow the local laws of both the exporting and importing countries.
Therefore, even if an item is illegal in one country but legal in another, it would still be strictly prohibited on Greenlight Market. Greenlight Market does not allow any listing that through images or descriptions facilitate or promote illegal acts when applied under a specific context.
Greenlight Market expects all users to only list items that are legal. All items must not present legal risks to our community, be inconsistent with Greenlight Market's values or harmful to our members.